NOW TAKING BOOKINGS FOR REMOVALS WITH SAFETY FIRST
Following the announcement by the Housing Secretary 13/5/2020 to restart, reopen and renew the Housing Market, Kings Removal Services (in line with the advice from the Government and BAR) have put in place all the necessary working procedures to assist you in your move with Safety First!
The Safety of our Staff and customers is of paramount importance.
Below is a summary of the measures we have put in place to minimise risk of contagion.
- Staff will operate in accordance with the latest government guidance on safer working. Where moves are carried out, social distancing should be followed.
- In the first instance, quotations will, where possible be conducted virtually. This involves our surveyor utilising tools such as FaceTime or alike. Support here can be provided.
- If this is not possible, we will contact the household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus, self-isolating or shielding. If they are, works will be delayed.
- We request all households to ensure all internal doors are open and for the move surfaces and possessions have been cleaned with household cleaning products prior to them entering the property.
- No work will be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- Removers will sanitise or wash their hands on entering the property using separate towels of paper towels which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
- The current occupier is encouraged to vacate the property for the duration of the visit, going out for their daily exercise, going out to the shops or standing in the garden, if that is possible.
- Removers will seek to minimise contact with homeowners and remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
- Removers will implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together when moving bulky items and furniture.
- Removers will bring their own refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
For further details, the Government have published very detailed guidance, informed by public health advice, to explain how this can be achieved, with all parties observing hygiene measures and social distancing guidelines. This guidance can be found in full by clicking here.
COVID-19 won't stop us!
Our Industry staff's safety is of paramount importance, but with stringent rules, training and procedural changes we are happy to provide quotations (Self completed assessment forms or a FaceTime quote) in addition to suggestions for assistance.
At Kings Transport and Removals Services we pride ourselves on being methodical and paying attention to detail. This attitude coupled with the skill of our removal teams helps to ensure your removal day runs smoothly.
Upon arrival the team will be introduced to you and your family. Prior to any moving taking place, your carpet, banisters and doors will be protected with specialist coverings.
This same care will happen at your new house prior to moving your furniture in. These covers will give optimum protection for your existing and new property.
Inside doors are protected with special fitted door covers and as well as protecting your house we also use padded covers along side our specialist removal blankets to protect three piece suites, dining tables and chairs, washing machines and other white goods.
Looking after your belonging is important, and at Kings, our number one priority during the move – that is why we can supply a range of free packing materials to keep your items safe and secure.
The following packing materials include:
- Packing Cartons
- Packing Tissue
- Hanging Garment Rails
- Mattress Covers and More
Piano Moving, Antiques, Fine Art etc.
Many items in your home can not only have sentimental value but financial value too. Kings are used to handling such items, and are highly experienced and trained in taking the greatest care and planning to ensure your belongings arrive safely in your new home.
Our Handy Hints and Terms and Conditions can be downloaded from our downloads page.
We adhere to the British Association of Removers Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme which is independently operated by;
Who we have worked with
A selection of companies and authorities that have chosen to use Kings Transport and Removals: