Whether you’re interested in finding out more about what our company is like to work for, or you’re one of our customers, it’s always good to know how a company treats its employees.
Creating a team environment
Our main aim as employers here at Kings Transport is to breed a healthy, friendly, and positive team environment. We want our employees to enjoy both the company they keep and the company they work for. We’re no Google, but we make every effort! Mentioned below are just a few ways…
- Come rain or shine, participating in the epic Cambridge Dragon Boat Race against our top clients is certainly the ultimate Family day out!
- Go Kart racing is always a favorite! It’s interesting to see who is the most competitive!
- Our team work tirelessly throughout the year, and so it is only fitting they attend the Palletline Awards night, enjoying a fun filled night away!
- At the end of the year, we always look forward to the obligatory Christmas Jumper Day, raising money for our chosen Charity, St. Clare Hospice. With Christmas music playing, gifts exchanged, and an ‘everyone wins’ raffle, it’s always a great way to see in the holidays.
- Did somebody say Pizza? Yes! It’s Pizza Friday once a month here at Kings – it’s a small ‘thanks’ for all the hard work all our teams put in.
We understand that a person’s working life is not the be all and end all. Here at Kings, we strive to give all our employees the flexibility to help them juggle their family and personal lives with work.
We also firmly believe in investing in the right people. Our staff turnover is low, and we always look to reward our top employees by being open to promote from within the company.
Add to that our employees’ ability to create their own career pathways, and you’ve got an environment that’s ripe for success. We are always eager to hear suggestions from employees as to how our processes might be refined, and will action as many of those recommendations as we can.
With all that said, we’re also keen to maintain our reputation as a good hiring company, and always ensure that we’re not at all “inward-facing”.
- Amazon – we are a preferred carrier for this commercial giant.
- Moving in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel during its major refurb.
- Being a key part in the logistics team moving Tottenham Hotspur into their new stadium.
- Moving precious items for Lord Brocket!
- Extensive staff training, particularly for our drivers, who attend regular Toolbox talks and also complete eLearning modules and onsite and offsite practical sessions
- Ability to work from home should the role be suitable
- Broadening skills such as the opportunity for any employee to train in First Aid, Fire prevention etc. This, of course directly benefits our Company and makes it a safer place to be!
We are always looking for good staff and new customers to keep us moving forward. If you, or someone you know may be interested to find out more, call us on 01279 882 822.